Monday, August 20, 2012

101 Week 5

Week 5 was a definite improvement over 3 & 4. I pushed myself to make it happen, and am happy for doing so. I'm inching closer to a "perfect" week (i.e. fulfilling all weekly goals, plus a monthly goal or two, plus a sporadic or one-time goal).

Weekly Goals:
daily journals
weekly German
weekly blogpost (Birchbox review time!)
weekly diary
morning workout (totally counting my morning bike commute for this. Yeah, I'll cheat like that for now)
DVD workout
walk in a park (hell, we camped in it, too!)
- play music 2x (1x -practiced You Don't Know My Mind. I appreciate that it has easy chords. I need the brain space to concentrate on the rhythms.)

Sporadic Goals: 
- more reading in Female Chauvinist Pigs
- Camped!

Monthly Goals:
- 40% Commute by bike (1 ride/ week 1 - 20%)
1 pleasure bike ride
1 week carb free, 1 week dairy free
visit library 2x

Reflections
-I'm over the diary thing. I am not a diarist. I love the short little daily journal. Hate sitting down to an unknown quantity of time expecting to fill space with more. It's early in the 101, I may reclaim that goal spot for something else. Carb & Dairy-free weeks are also dangerously close to revision.
-Camping was great. During the trip I realized it had been at least 7 years since I last camped. The weather was perfect, as was our chosen company. Mr. Burly wants to camp more than once a year.
-I enjoyed biking to work...between the wheezing & gasping (I exaggerate. a little). It had been a few months since I rode, and this was my first foray into traffic riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment